Second Industrial Workshop, 2-3 February 2012, Stuttgart
The second SADCO industrial workshop will be organised by Astos Solutions on 2-3 February 2012 in Stuttgart. This event aims at fostering application-driven research in the field of optimal control and non-linear programming.
The first day will be dedicated to talks by experts and industry representatives in the morning (9:15 - 12:30) and by the SADCO fellows working on NLP methods problems in the afternoon (13:30 - 17:00). The second day will be entirely devoted to tutorials and training. In the morning (9:00 - 12:30) a tutorial on applied optimal control using ASTOS and the WORHP NLP solver will be organised. In the afternoon (13:00 - 16:30) participants will take part in a hands-on optimal control software training session.
Sven Weikert, Astos Solutions
- John T. Betts (Optimal control of partial differential equations with delay),
- C. Büskens, Universität Bremen (Industrial applications of NLP methods),
- S. Schäff, Astos Solutions (Large scale optimal control problems),
- M. Gerdts, Universität der Bundeswehr München (Trajectory planning and collision detection for robotics applications),
- F. Cremaschi, Astos Solutions (Multi-mission vehicle design optimization),
- P. Martinon, Inria & CMAP (BOCOP - An open source toolbox for optimal control),
- S. Rauski, Astos Solutions & Universität Bremen,
- I. Xausa, Volkswagen (Collision avoidance by optimal control techniques),
- A. Kozma, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Distributed Multiple Shooting),
- L. Pfeiffer, Inria Saclay & Ecole Polytechnique (Sensitivity analysis for the outages of nuclear power plants),
- F. Silva, Rome - La Sapienza (A numerical scheme for mean-field games),
Location and registration
The workshop will be held at the Stuttgart Office of Astos Solutions, located in the Aerospace Center of Stuttgart, Gropiusplatz 2, 70563 Stuttgart.
There is no registration fee for this event.
A limited number of young researchers (master’s degree and PhD students, postdocs) not having a formal connection with the SADCO network will be given the opportunity to attend and offered a grant to cover travel and accommodation.