UMA Home page for Alicia Simon-Petit
Ph.D. (2015 - 2018)
Topic: Gravitational Dynamical Systems.
Thesis supervisor: Jérôme Perez.
Abstract: Gravitation drives numerous dynamical systems in theoretical astrophysics.
At small scales, classical gravitation governs planetary systems and stellar ones, such as globular clusters or galaxies. Relativistic gravitation adds precision to their study and is essential to describe the dynamics of the universe at cosmological scales.
From a theoretical and numerical point of view, I study the role of gravitation in the secular evolution of the dynamical systems just mentioned.
Keywords: gravitation, celestial mechanics, self-gravitating systems, galaxies: evolution, globular clusters, dynamics, cosmology: dark energy.
Conferences - Seminars
Seminar Time-Space, Institute of Celestial Mechanics and Ephemerides Computation (IMCCE), Paris Observatory, Decembre 2018
Seminar at the Department of Mathematics, Roma University, November 2018
Seminar in the "Theoretical physics: gravitation and cosmology'' (GReCO) research group, Institut d'Astrophysique de Paris, September 2018
Seminar in hamiltonian geometry, Institute of Mathematics, Algebraic analysis, IMJ-PRG, University Pierre et Marie Curie, June 2018
Seminar at the Laboratoire Univers et THéories, Meudon Observatory, June 2018
Seminar at the Laboratory of Theoretical Physics, University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, June 2018
Workshop on Classical Integrability and Perturbations, Paris Observatory, September 2017.
International conference, 28th Texas Symposium on Relativistic Astrophysics, Geneva, December 2015.
Assistant professor in physics, at ENSTA ParisTech and Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau.
- Lasers and applications (Master 1), Ecole Polytechnique. Fundamentals of lasers with lab works: He-Ne laser, laser diode, dye laser and interferometric wavefront measurement.
- 2016-2017 :
- Femtosecond lasers impulsions (Master 1), Ecole Polytechnique. How to generate and measure ultrashort pulses ? Theoretical courses and lab works.
- 2015-2018 :
- Statistical physics (Bachelor 3), ENSTA ParisTech. Classical, Fermi and Bose ideal gases and applications to thermodynamics.
- Quantum physics (Bachelor 3), ENSTA ParisTech. Analytic and quantum mechanics to understand seminal experiments such as Rabi cycles, models for the structure of hydrogen atoms or quantum cryptography.
Papers in peer-reviewed journals
- The status of isochrony in the formation and evolution of self-gravitating systems
Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Oxford University Press (OUP): Policy P - Oxford Open Option A, feb, 2019
- Isochrony in 3D radial potentials. From Michel H\'enon ideas to isochrone relativity: classification, interpretation and applications
Communications in Mathematical Physics (CIMP), apr, 2018
International conference with proceedings
- Refinements in the Jungle Universes
28th Texas Symposium on Relativistic Astrophysics (Genève), jan, 2016
- Expansion, Cyber-Mooc Conference
, , and